Welcome to Virginia Industries for the Blind
To employ and develop Virginians who are blind, visually impaired or deaf/blind to achieve their desired level of employment through the manufacture and delivery of quality products and services.
March 11, 2019
Our operations across 25 locations in the Commonwealth of Virginia demonstrate our dedication to quality and customer satisfaction... and that is not just a proud CEO saying that. VIB’s employees adhere to rigorous processes to add the greatest value, maximize performance, and minimize waste.
- VIB recognized by the U.S. AbilityOne Commission as a "2018 Outstanding Distributor".
- VIB’s two manufacturing facilities are among the first to be certified as ISO-9001/2015 compliant.
- VIB hosted a National Industries for the Blind (NIB) Compliance Officer who inspected VIB’s records and alignment with requirements set forth under the federal AbilityOne Commission. In a review in both the Richmond and Charlottesville Plants, the Inspector found all records in order and made no recommendations for changes.
- Meanwhile, a different NIB Compliance Officer recently visited two of our Base Supply Centers (BSCs) during a regular, but random, inspection. The two stores are in NoVA – one at the Mark Center and one at the Defense Health Headquarters (DHHQ). The store at DHHQ had zero instances of ETS (essentially-the-same) products and met 99% of the published BSC best practices while the Mark Center store did even better with zero ETS and a 100% compliance with best practices. These outstanding results do not happen by accident or overnight. Local BSC Managers know the rules and expectations and ensure compliance.
- VIB is committed to customer safety. Test reports from an accredited laboratory have been completed and the reports show that VIB’s Soft Touch 3.5, 5.2, and 6.0 nitrile gloves all passed the permeation testing per ATSM D6978 for Fentanyl. This is a very significant achievement as most medical, law enforcement, first responders, and corrections groups want this certification. VIB is working on a communication and marketing campaign, but you can order the gloves with confidence that they provide a tested-level of protection. Please contact VIB Customer Service if you have any questions at CustomerService@vibonline.org.
- Read the letter from the US AbilityOne Commission
In quality and customers we trust,
Matt Koch (pronounced Cook)
Deputy Commissioner of Enterprises, DBVI
Chief Executive Officer, VIB
Purchase VIB Products
Virginia Industries for the Blind offers products to federal, state, and local government customers as well as the general public. Please choose your appropriate channel below to get started.
Virginia Industries for the Blind has operations in twenty-one locations throughout Virginia, including manufacturing, retail, and service-oriented operations. VIB currently employs more than 175 people, the majority of whom are blind or visually impaired.
Virginia Industries for the Blind (VIB) has historically been identified by our manufacturing roots. As early as 1925, VIB was producing mattresses, brooms and caning chairs for our government and commercial customers. VIB now employs blind Virginians in two manufacturing facilities, one in Charlottesville and the other in Richmond.
Virginia Industries for the Blind (VIB) provides a variety of professional services for state and federal government customers in locations all across the Commonwealth.
Virginia Industries for the Blind (VIB) provides training and other vocational rehabilitation services. This program is designed to provide a variety of services to customers of the Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired (DBVI) as well as VIB employees.
Virginia Industries for the Blind (VIB) operates Base Supply Centers (BSC’s) on Military bases and in Federal Government buildings throughout Virginia. Each BSC provides a full range of products tailored to the needs and requirements of the Federal Government and Department of Defense (DoD) customers at the location.